You can choose from over 50 inspiring new home designs. Founded 34 years ago in 1981, we are Australia’s most technology advanced company in residential new home building, including being the first in Australia to implement BuilderTREND and Salesforce from the USA.
Clients can modify one of our home designs or we can work from your house plans or sketch design.
Our mission is to make it easy for you to get exactly what you want.
We serve clients looking to build in the high quality $250,000 to $600,000 range, on occasion up to $1,500,000. We serve both types of client:
- $1,000 to $1,200 /sqm, applying smart design and finishing selections, still offering the freedom of custom design and superb quality; and
- $1,200 to $2,000 /sqm, clients seeking a higher end custom design, especially 2nd/3rd/4th home owners who are planning to live in the new home long term
For both types, our clients want to personalise the design to suit exactly what they want, but they don’t want the costs to blow out.
Our clients receive the best of both worlds – the brilliant services and client experience from desu, combined with the buying power and build quality of a high volume builder; the Australian leader in the competitive investment market, our building partner Impact Homes.
To make it easy to get exactly what you want, we project manage the client experience as a 1:1 personal relationship from your initial enquiry through a set process of sourcing design briefing, site checks, feasibility, 3D design, preliminary designs, detailed selections, architectural designs, contracts and approvals.
Most of our clients are seeking to build a high quality home to live in themselves. Therefore we offer our clients the freedom to buy their own finishing items. Yes, our clients can go out and buy their own kitchen, favourite lights and stunning bath tub, and we just work that into the line items, with no mark-up or administrative charges. We take the view that there is no better way for our clients to personalise their new home than to have the freedom to go out and buy whatever aspects you want to yourself.
We have a highly motivated and talented team. We are passionate about new home designs and building, making it easy for each client to achieve exactly what they want. We don’t impose our views. We embrace our client’s vision and focus on the best ways to deliver it.
We take great pride in serving you and we want every client to love their experience with desu Designer Homes.
Urban, Country And Beach Home Designs
Our designs cater for urban, country and beach style homes.
Our most popular urban home designs is the Olot.
On country home designs we have the Montseny.
For beach home designs the St Gervasi.
Open Plan Home Designs
Open plan designs date back to the 1920s inspiration of Mies Van Der Rohe, the famous Dutch architect who combined open plan spaces with pavilion style design. This inspiring architect was renowned for The Barcelona Pavilion, designed for the 1929 International Exposition:
Most of our home designs embrace open plan living, creating free flowing spaces from kitchen to dining and living areas. Whilst historically the emphasis on outdoor living areas has mainly been in Queensland, we are now seeing that trend in house plans from our clients Australia wide.
Pole Home Designs
We embrace the challenge of sloping blocks and sites. We do all types of homes, including split level house plans and elevated floors. We specialize in cyclone rated zones and difficult build sites.
Here is a pole home of ours on the side of a cliff in Wamuran.
Of our pole home designs, the Madrazo is our most popular.
Off The Plan Home Designs
Each of our home designs can be built as off the plan homes. This will usually save our client 4-6% on the overall build costs.
That said, our clients are folks planning to live in the new home for at least three years, in some cases forever. Being able to personalise the design is extremely important. Therefore 70% of our clients prefer custom home designs. The other 30% come to us with a plan they have created together with architects or building designers.
Custom Home Designs
These days most client want custom home designs – the ability to change the house plans without a blowout on costs.
We have a brilliant process for project managing custom design. We start off by sourcing a town planning site report, design brief and feasibility assessment, before preliminary design, computer 3D images and detailed inclusions.
On custom design, we make it easy for our clients to get exactly what they want as they balance budget, design and finishing options.
We also provide the freedom for our clients to buy their own finishing items. For example, the freedom to use their favourite kitchen company. We manage those client choices without any hidden costs or admin charges.